Nursing Care (Adult)
The Licensed Nurse provides skilled care and instructions to patients and their families. They enable the patient and family members to function independently at home, thereby increasing the comfort of the patient and improving their overall health. Some skilled nursing services include:
- Administration of injections
- Assessment of neuromuscular, cardiovascular, and gastrointestinal status
- Wound Care
- Foley Catheter care
- Ostomy care
- G-tube care
- Vent Care
Educational programs designed to meet the individualized needs of the patient.
- Insulin administration and diabetic care.
- Use of oxygen and respiratory equipment.
- Respiratory, bladder and bowel training.
- Preparation and side effects of medications, including those drugs delivered during intravenous therapy.